Outside Sales Representative
At Taymor, we’re passionate about our products, and expect our Sales associates to be as fluent in the design principles and stories that make our hardware stand out, as they are in the mechanical details that give our hardware a lasting quality you can feel in your hand. Does this sound like you?
We’re looking for an experienced Sales Representative to be the face of Taymor, driving sales of our curated bath and lock collections while growing and strengthening relationships with multi-family and low-rise developers, distributors and interior designers. You will also play a key role in strategic territory planning and gathering market insights.
What you’ll be doing:
- Driving the specification of strategic Taymor products in residential construction projects, from low-rise to multi-family
- Managing and nurturing relationships with customers and influencers in your area to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Capturing insights on customers, projects, and competitors using our CRM
- Continually researching, contacting, quantifying, and qualifying residential construction builder prospects that fit our target customer profile
- Providing product guidance and installation training for residential construction customers/distributors when requested, including site-visits
You’ll want to know about Taymor and our products to know if you want to sell our products…
Since 1948, Taymor has proudly designed and manufactured architectural hardware products of exceptional design, quality and value. From door and bath hardware to faucets and accessories, our comprehensive range allows you to harmonize design throughout the entire home and complete your projects seamlessly. Taymor signature bath collections and Premier Series locks are installed nationwide in multi-family residential developments, private residences and leading hotels and resorts. Family owned, with well-stocked distribution centers in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Toronto. We deliver clean and modern designs to the builder markets throughout North America.
Connect with us @TaymorDesign on Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook, or visit taymor.com to learn more about us.
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive salary based on experience, car allowance, sales bonus incentive
- Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, RRSP matching
- Starting at 3 weeks’ vacation.
- Support and coaching for continuous learning
- A family-first culture where work-life harmony matters
What you’ll need to be successful:
- At least 3 years of experience in a direct B2B sales role, with a proven track record in major account selling
- Sales skills - effective in the art of selling and presenting persuasively, rapport building, active listening, empathetic, skilled problem solver, ability to read/observe and assess the selling situation quickly
- Deep understanding of the outside sales environment, including customer segments, influencer needs/challenges in the purchase decision, etc.
- Results-driven attitude, with a natural passion for relentlessly hunting down new sales opportunities
- Experience using CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software as a strategic tool
- Aptitude to gain an in-depth understanding of Taymor’s products
- Ability to communicate both mechanical and design attributes of products to industry stakeholders
Bonus points if you have:
- Deep understanding of the interior design industry, or experience working with interior design professionals
- Builder pull-through and specification sales experience
- Sales experience in the door, hardware or plumbing wholesale channels
Taymor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.