Category Manager - Digital & Smart Solutions
Taymor is seeking a highly autonomous Category Manager with a bias for action in a world of ambiguity. We are looking for an individual who can help drive product conception and manage Taymor’s assortment of integrated products and services as the company furthers its mission to build technology access that helps people open, manage, and share, the spaces they care about.
This is a high-profile role; reporting to our Director, Category Strategy & Execution working directly with our leadership team to manage the entirety of our integration initiatives. The incumbent will not only manage these products but contribute to the overall company, category and product strategy. To accomplish this the incumbent will do everything from: carrying out research to help define problems, facilitating a cross-functional process to solve them, driving consensus by owning documentation and requirements, and working with Operations and Marketing to deliver them on-time and to Taymor’s high standard of quality.
Taymor is reshaping our door and bath categories with world-leading technology. We are designing, developing and manufacturing products with Internet of Things (IoT) devices built into hardware solutions for the multi-family vertical new construction industry. Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Taymor is developing into a fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
We are looking for creative and passionate people to join the team. Join us and experience the challenges, rewards, and opportunities of working for Taymor. We fundamentally believe that attracting and keeping smart and talented people is a key to our success
What you’ll get from us:
- A high-paced and creative environment, where all team members have an opportunity to contribute. Our employees have the freedom to implement new ideas and find creative solutions to help us drive our revenue engine to success!
- An opportunity to revolutionize the new construction of multi-family residential industry together
- Support and coaching for continuous learning
- Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, RRSP matching
- Starting at 3 weeks’ vacation.
- A family-first culture where work-life harmony matters
- A highly collaborative environment. We believe two brains are better than one.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a Product/Category Manager on both mobile and web products with a proven track record of releasing world-class products (hardware experience a plus)
- Proven capability to form tight partnerships with designers and engineers to solve both user experience as well as technical problems
- Identify complex problems and develop simplified solutions with an eye for great human-centered design
- Experience bringing new products to market
- Strong aptitude in analyzing data and problem-solving proficiency, with a very strong attention to detail
- Strong team player with a motivation to be part of continuous improvement culture
Bonus points if you have:
- Brand and product marketing experience
Taymor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.