Outside Sales Representative
We are pivoting our strategy for growth and with that comes an exciting opportunity to make your mark as a top performing sales professional. I’m building a team with people who are fired up, passionate and fun! Those who will not only rise to the occasion but will conquer the challenge. I want someone in this role who’s given a target and instead of committing to hitting that target has the excitement and desire to crush the target.
We need someone who will increase the competitive edge of our customers by building strong relationships, working hard to truly discover what they really need to earn their trust.
I don’t need someone who has industry experience. I need someone who identifies with the type of team I’m describing and is hungry for it, and our sales team and it's leaders will commit to coaching and mentoring on industry and product.
Stephen Hall, Director of Sales
What you’ll be doing:
- Driving the sales of key strategic Taymor products in residential construction projects in South Western Ontario
- Managing and nurturing relationships with customers and influencers in your area to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Capturing insights on customers, projects, and competitors using our CRM
- Continually researching, contacting, quantifying, and qualifying residential construction builder prospects that fit our target customer profile
- Providing product guidance and installation training for residential construction customers/distributors when requested, including site-visit
You’ll want to know about Taymor and our products to know if you want to sell our products…
Since 1948, Taymor has proudly designed and manufactured architectural hardware products of exceptional design, quality and value. From door and bath hardware to faucets and accessories, our comprehensive range allows you to harmonize design throughout the entire home and complete your projects seamlessly. Taymor signature bath collections and Premier Series locks are installed nationwide in multi-family residential developments, private residences and leading hotels and resorts. Family owned, with well-stocked distribution centers in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Toronto. We deliver clean and modern designs to the builder markets throughout North America.
Connect with us @TaymorDesign on Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook, or visit taymor.com to learn more about us.
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive salary based on experience, car allowance, sales bonus incentive
- Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, RRSP matching
- Starting at 3 weeks’ vacation.
- Support and coaching for continuous learning
- A family-first culture where work-life harmony matters
What you’ll need to be successful:
- At least 3 years of experience in a direct B2B sales role, with a proven track record in major account selling
- Sales skills - effective in the art of selling and presenting persuasively, rapport building, active listening, empathetic, skilled problem solver, ability to read/observe and assess the selling situation quickly
- Deep understanding of the outside sales environment, including customer segments, influencer needs/challenges in the purchase decision, etc.
- Results-driven attitude, with a natural passion for relentlessly hunting down new sales opportunities
- Experience using CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software as a strategic tool
- Aptitude to gain an in-depth understanding of Taymor’s products
- Ability to communicate both mechanical and design attributes of products to industry stakeholders
Bonus points if you have:
- Deep understanding of the interior design industry, or experience working with interior design professionals
- Builder pull-through and specification sales experience
- Sales experience in the door, hardware or plumbing wholesale channels
Taymor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.