Team Lead - Warehouse
At Taymor, we’re dedicated to customer service excellence, and our warehouse operations are essential to upholding that commitment.
We’re looking for a Warehouse Team Lead to be the point person in our Delta warehouse. Someone who is as committed to safety as they are to driving performance and team engagement.
What you’ll be doing:
- Actively promote safety, ensuring safe work practices are followed, the work area is safe, well maintained and organized.
- Optimizing warehouse performance.
- Assigning work and monitor performance of warehouse associates in areas such as attendance and punctuality, work quality, productivity, etc.
- Training, motivating, coaching and providing ongoing feedback to all associates.
- Working with management and/or subordinates to resolve problems and complaints.
- Holding regular team meetings.
- Ensuring compliance of the local operation with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Operating various equipment including order-pickers, swing reach, sit-down counter balance forklifts; pallet jacks, and acting as back-up to all positions as needed.
- Liaise with customer service on customer order status in the warehouse.
- Help schedule all product repairs.
- Ensure the warehouse management system and equipment is well maintained and functioning
- Complete various daily reports.
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, RRSP matching
- Starting at 3 weeks’ vacation.
- Support and coaching for continuous learning
- A family-first culture where work-life harmony matters
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Some flexibility around work shift. Currently Tues-Fri 6am to 4:30pm.
- 3-5 years progressive experience in warehouse or distribution environment
- Experience operating various equipment including order-pickers, swing reach, sit-down counter balance forklifts, and pallet jacks
- Experience using a Warehouse Management System including barcode scanners
- Experience using freight management software
- Intermediate ability with MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Well organized and detail oriented, with excellent time management.
- Ability to manage conflict and remain objective and professional under pressure.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with builders hardware, locks and door hardware, and/or bathware products
- Lean/Six Sigma Process Improvement
Taymor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We have additional cleaning protocols, PPE (masks, gloves, shields, sanitizer), increased remote work, social distancing policies, limited meeting room occupancy, health screening at entry, etc. to help work safely amid Covid-19.