IT Business Applications Analyst
This role is eligible for remote work.
Reporting to the Director of IT, the role of IT Business Applications Analyst is responsible for the resolution of application and system issues, lead ongoing reviews of business processes and managing and implementing technology solutions. This includes Taymor’s ERP platform (Sage X3) and associated add-ons (Datalinx, Process Weaver) and processes (EDI) as well as other business applications like Project Sales Achiever and SharePoint. This role will provide day-to-day management of applications to ensure all processes are working appropriately, check system logs and coordinate within IT, internal departments or external resources and address issues when required. This role will help Taymor in assessing and implementing solutions that meet business objectives. In addition, the IT Business Applications Analyst will provide ad-hoc reports using Power BI and associated query tools to meet customer requirements and perform project management duties as required.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage, address and action daily application processes and batch jobs.
- Manage, address and action daily EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) inbound and outbound transactions.
- Assisting with system integrations associated with business applications.
- Provide technical support to the organizations relating to application functionality and capability.
- Assist with the development of business cases to support changes to application functionality.
- Liaison with key stakeholders to enhance, improve and increase the functionality of business applications.
- Maintaining and updating documentation and procedures.
- Provide ad-hoc training on business applications as required.
- Research applications and functionality of existing systems to enhance and improve operational processes, system functionality and address business objectives.
- Coordinate and liaise with 3rd party providers.
- Administration and enhancements to the SharePoint Platform.
- Manage application and system projects.
- Provide backup support for Power BI dashboards and data cubes development when required.
- Provide backup support for the Director of IT when required.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT TAYMOR
- Thoroughly proficient in Designing and Developing Applications
- Possess Analytical Decision Making – gathering full information to make sound business recommendations
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Strong Problem Solving & Critical Thinking Skills
- Have a keen customer focus with ability to gather and identify user requirements
- Associate degree in an IT related program
- Microsoft Certified Professional or MS Technical Specialist certificate preferred
- Exposure to ERP platforms such as SAP required.
- Previous application administration and support experience required.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in application support or business analyst role.
- Experience with business analysis functions including requirements gathering, business case development and stakeholder engagement.
- Project Management of applications and systems (project management certificate an asset)
- Strong working knowledge of ERP systems and applications.
- Standard business analysis methodology.
- Requires some afterhours & weekend support
SOME OTHER POINTS
Taymor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, RRSP matching and starting at 3 weeks’ vacation.
We take precautions for our staff and provide Personal Protective Equipment to keep our associates safe from Covid-19.