Accounts Receivable Manager
Fantastic career opportunity with a great company!
We are a successful and innovative company headquartered in the lower mainland with over 70 years of history and exciting projects on the go. The company has a fun-loving yet hard-working corporate culture with friendly and down to earth associates. If you are an Accounts Receivable leader with at least 5 years of experience in the AR and collections full cycle, who is looking for a successful and exciting North American company to work for, this could be the place for you.
The new Accounts Receivable Manager will mentor, train, and lead the AR team taking care of invoicing, cash applications, soft corporate collections, credit checks, and AR process improvements. This is within a multi-currency, multi-national, and multi-entity company.
The person we are looking for is driven and focused on achieving targeted performance goals. You are results oriented, with an excellent customer service attitude, and are passionate about finding more efficient and effective ways to work. You are a team player who can also work independently and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
What you’ll be doing:
- Monitor accounts daily to identify where follow up and collection activities are necessary, preparing and organizing documentation necessary to collect payment.
- Monitor incoming cash for accuracy, credit limits, EFT payments daily.
- Process credit applications, including reviewing credit holds and releasing customer orders on hold
- Set up and maintaining accounts and terms
- Provide high quality customer service regarding collection issues, processing customer refunds, reviewing account adjustments, resolving client discrepancies and short payments
- Accountable for reduced delinquency, enlisting efforts of sales and senior management where necessary to accelerate the collections process and share information
- Prepare weekly and monthly reporting and provide commentary on trends and activity
- Providing ongoing guidance, leadership, and direction for direct reports and be the liaison of information to the greater company
- Providing regular feedback and analysis to business partners to improve operations or address issues
- Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly reporting on accounts status through to upper management.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Education: College Diploma with Certificate in accounting (or equivalent)
- Intermediate/advanced in Excel (pivot tables, V look-ups, etc.)
- Experience working for a multi-national company and/or public company
- Experience using an ERP such as Sage X3, Oracle, SAP, or JD Edwards.
- Understanding of the accounting cycle and order process
- Strong communication skills, ability to have difficult collections conversations with customers and negotiate a successful outcome
- High attention to detail and ability to review own work to identify mistakes
- Knowledge of US tax exemption certificates an asset
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, RRSP matching
- Starting at 3 weeks’ vacation.
- Support and coaching for continuous learning
- A family-first culture where work-life harmony matters
Taymor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.