Customer Service Representative
- Join one of the leading architectural hardware suppliers in North America
- Grow your career within a company with incredible culture
- Be rewarded with competitive annual salary plus benefits
About Taymor Canada
Built on a solid reputation for superior quality, value, and service, Taymor is a leading North American architectural hardware designer and manufacturer. Family-owned since 1948, the same enduring values that motivated founder Jake Zalkowitz, inspire our company today. At the heart of our offering is our commitment to our people and customers, which underlines our award-winning emphasis on design, quality, and affordability.
As the leading architectural hardware choice of homeowners, builders, developers, and the design community, Taymor products are installed nationwide in private residences, residential developments, commercial offices and leading hotels and resorts. Recognized for product quality and performance backed by industry-leading warranties, our comprehensive range of door hardware, commercial hardware, bath hardware and faucets allows you to harmonize design throughout the entire home and complete your projects seamlessly.
To learn more about us, please visit our website.
About the Opportunity
Taymor is looking for a full-time Customer Service Representative (CSR) to join our team in Delta, BC.
Working with various teams within the organization to ensure end-to-end award-winning customer service delivery, your day-to-day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receiving, processing, verifying, and confirming inbound customer orders via telephone, fax, email, or Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- Ensuring accuracy of inputted order, and evaluating alternate supply for discontinued product or back orders
- Providing accurate information concerning product availability, order status, product specifications, technical advice, pricing, and services, as required and upon request from customers and outside sales team members
- Communicating and coordinating with other departments to resolve inquiries, including product, shipping, and billing items
- Approving returns and evaluating restocking charges when appropriate
- Recommending continuous improvements in products, packaging, shipping, service, or billing methods and procedures
- Supporting outside sales team as needed, and assisting other Taymor associates as requested
To qualify, you will need at least 1 year in client-facing customer support, telephone customer service, inside sales support, or call centre experience.
In addition, the following will be considered valuable assets, but are not required:
- Working with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) such as Sage X3, JD Edwards, SAP, etc.
- Technical / mechanical aptitude to learn and troubleshoot with customers varied product lines
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office suite
- Accurate data entry skills with minimum typing speed of 40 wpm
- Minimum secondary education; post-secondary education preferred
Experience in manufacturing, distribution, or home building industries is strongly preferred, but not required.
Most importantly, you have an excellent solutions-focused approach to customer service, as well as a positive, outgoing, and personable team player.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be awarded a competitive base salary of $42,000 to $47,000, based on skills and experience, along with a wide host of benefits including:
- 3 weeks starting vacation
- RRSP matching
- Group retirement program for employees
- Extended health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage after 3 months
- Life, dependent, and disability insurance
- Lots of support for continuous learning to advance your skills
- Lateral and upward career mobility in a growing organization
- A family-first culture where work-life balance truly matters
Taymor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.